Monday, May 01, 2006

Last word on Deer Trail

You can read Diran's report here, so I won't go into any details. The conditions were tough, really tough. Even with those conditions Nate attacked with 20 miles left of racing into a solid headwind. he deserved to win it, but was caught in the final mile and ended up with 7th, which is still a good result.

As for me, well let's just say this is a race I would like to forget about and move on. Luckily there is a race next weekend (actually two races) so I don't have time to dwell on the past. I was able to learn a few things in my first race in Colorado. One, the level of competition out here is 20x better than what I faced in California a few weeks ago. That means I will have to work 20x harder to get on top. Only time will tell if I am up for the challenge.

Next week we have Lookout Mountain Hill Climb (4.5 mile climb) on Saturday and Rabbit Mountain Time Trial (11k TT that finishes on a 13% grade) on Sunday. I really need a good result at these races to get my confidence back heading into the heart of the racing season.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»