Friday, April 14, 2006

Back in Boulder

I am finally back in Boulder! I got to sleep in my own bed after 22 long days in southern California. I am looking forward to staying anchored here and catching up with my wife and kids. Thankfully, they were out in So Cal with me for the first week and a half. I got in some good training (solely on the bike) and had some good race results to go along with the training.

In the three weeks I was out there, I logged roughly 630 miles, almost held off a chase group in the Redlands Classic, and won a stage at the Vuelta a Valencia as well as the overall GC. I was able to climb Oak Glen a couple of times, hit one of the Tuesday night rides, and generally just had some fun on the bike.

Now that I am back in Boulder, I am looking forward to team rides, races, and the beginning of my Ironman prep for Florida. I have a lot of work to get caught up in my other disciplines, but I look forward to the challenge. My focus will remain with cycling throughout the cycling season then in July start focusing on Florida.

No comments: