Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Thoughts from a 56 mile ride during the 5430 Long Course

- Should I be hurting on the bike this soon (less than a mile into the race)? Better back off.

- Crap, speed up, you just got passed by a girl. At least, she rides for Toyota-United. Still gotta pass her back though.

- I need a new saddle.

- That dude has four water bottles on his $6K carbon bike! WTF? There are six aid stations on this bike course. Idiot!

- Was that Steve running on Jay Rd? Maybe I should be doing a long run instead of this race. He’s fast ya know.

- Dammit! She passed me again. Go hard, show no mercy.

- Wow, that’s the fifth dude that has passed me and we haven’t even hit the 5 mile mark.

- I am glad the clouds are covering the sun.

- Why won’t my legs go faster? Push! Fuck, that hurts, back off.

- Those three guys are pace lining it. Assfucks!

- I wonder what it’s like to do the entire race in a speedo.

- Damn, my legs really hurt right now and I haven’t even finished the first lap. This is going to suck. I mean this already sucks.

- I wonder if Carey and the kids still plan on coming to the Rez? They are probably watching the Olympics.

- I dig women’s beach volleyball!

- I want to go to Maui. Maui Waui! He he. I wonder what it would be like to do this race high. Never mind, I don’t have enough food with me. It would suck.

- Can’t wait to have a burrito at the finish.

- Shit, I may not finish. This ride really sucks.

- Holden’s a tough monkey. He wouldn’t complain like this. I should be a tough monkey. Be like Holden.

- I need to get some work done after this race. Maybe I should go to the office. Will I be too tired?

- That’s the third racer I have seen with a flat tire. If I flat, I would be fucked [I don’t race with spares]. Wait…I hope I get a flat.

- Are you kidding me? I have to run after this shit.

- Triathlon sucks.

- Fuck, I dropped my water bottle (I only have one water bottle cage). I wish I had four water bottles on my bike like that one dude. I am an idiot!

- The next asshole with a disk wheel (and that trademark disk wheel sound) passes me, I am going to chuck my water bottle at them. Wait, I don’t have a water bottle. Idiot!

- Don’t overcook that corner. Damn that was close.

- I wonder if I actually have to finish the race in order to get a burrito.

- Will Carey think I am a pussy if I quit? I bet Holden will. I should at least start the run.

- Finally, the Rez. That was a shitty ride. Don’t do that again.

Plain and simple, I lacked focus. Usually I focus on turning the pedals without all the other noise. That didn't happen Sunday. The season is over so plenty to think about in the fall/winter. I do have one race left this year and it has nothing to do with a bike. It will be a nice change of pace.

Run hard,
J-Rod

4 comments:

Carrie said...

That was funny...sorry you were suffering...but that was funny!

Anonymous said...

Why the language? Do you really think like that? CW

Jonathan said...

Trust me, it's much worse. This was already filtered once. You should have heard what I really said about the chick that passed me. Don't bring the kids to this site.

Lisa said...

Too funny. I have stuff like that running thru my head all the time. Guess I should learn to focus.

Should I mention I'm going to Maui in October?