Friday, April 25, 2008

Puppies, politics, bronchitis and racing

I finally gave in. The kids and Carey worked me over pretty good and now we have a three month old puppy named Otis. I can’t complain. Seeing the kids completely enamored by the pup is worth cleaning up his piss and shit.

Speaking of piss and shit, Clinton scored a victory in Penn. Tuesday, however at what cost? Obama still has more delegates, more votes, more states, and a hell of a lot more class.

Thanks to all the political pollution, I am still trying to recover from bronchitis. I sound like shit, I am easing back onto the bike, and I race this weekend in beautiful Deer Trail where the forecast is for wind and lots of it.

Race and wind? Didn’t I just do that? Oh yeah, Haystack TTT. Just because you have teammates with you in a time trial, it doesn’t make it any easier. We managed to pull off 4th place with less than 20 seconds covering 2nd-4th places. Not bad considering we never practiced and our start look more like a Mt. Evans HC finish with everyone scattered. I’ll take the heat on that one. My starts are so powerful that not many racers can match the intensity and power I produce (nor the bullshit I talk).

I head back to Redlands next week, but this time only for a couple of days. No bikes and no races. Just work. I’ll get back in time to get throttled for Lookout Mountain HC. Why do I race again? Oh yeah, it builds character. But I thought I was already a character?

Ride hard,

J-Rod